Legal Information & Specifications
- EIMA 105.01 standard Testing method of Alkali resistance of Fiberglass reinforcing mesh for use if the Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems. (E.I.F.S.)
- EIMA 101.86 standard test method for impact resistance of Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems. (E.I.F.S.)
- EIMA 101.83 standard test method for the strength bond of adhesive basecoats in Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems. (E.I.F.S.)
- ASTM-E84 ULC Test Method. Surface burning characteristics of building materials.
- ASTM-E84 ULC 102 Test Method. Smoke Development characteristics of building materials.
- ASTM-E96 Test Method. Vapor permeability characteristics of building materials.
- ASTM-C67 Standard test method for the freeze thaw resistance of Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems (E.I.F.S.)
- C578 specification for performed polystyrene thermal insulation.
- Water Penetration -CSA Method, 60 cycles
- Water Absorption –CCMC Method
- Water Impermeability, CCMC Method
- ASTM-C203 (Elasticity) Test Method. Mandrel flexibility characteristics of building materials.
- Sealants with EIFS Class PB, and 300.01 Minimum sealant elongation requirement.
- Architectural profile manufacture shall be Decorative Molding Ideas Inc.
- Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall approve all EIFS manufactures and alternate associated products.
- Decorative Molding Ideas Inc. recommends that the EIFS manufactures and /or their Distributors-Representatives including all alternate products manufactures work directly with Decorative Molding Ideas Inc. Working within a professional relationship will allow all parties to effectively complete the project, ensuring the highest building standards possible within the finishing system.
B. Architects-Designer and or Consultants
- Decorative Molding ideas have submitted a collection of profile designs. Within the collection are various styles of each profile. The various styles represent the design choices for the Architects-Designer and or Consultants (Specifier). It shall remain the responsibility of the project specifier to determine if a product is suitable for the specified use within the project. The specifier has been selected by the Owner and has remains responsible for all of the approval of building products selection and their intended use. The specifier is working for the owner and is in command of the decisions within the project. The specifier is totally responsible and shall review all selections pertaining to the designs form and function, the projects structural capability and installation requirements, all shop drawings and details.
- Decorative Molding Ideas Inc. recommends that Contractor work / communicate directly with the Decorative Molding Ideas Inc. Working within a professional relationship will allow all parties to effectively complete the project, ensuring the highest building standards possible within the finishing system.
- The contractor shall be experienced within the EIFS industry. Knowledge within the EIFS standards of application and installation of our pre-coated architectural profiles.
- The contractor shall be responsible to provide a secure job site with supervision, experienced workers and the professional equipment required to correctly install the pre-coated Architectural Profiles. All installations must be secured in accordance to the manufactures specifications, correct method procedures, and or any further detail requirements that may be required.
Limited Materials & Labour Warranty
1.) Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall provide a one (1) year limited warranty on its products, against defects in workmanship or materials. This warranty s valid of a limited time of one (1) year from the date of pick-up for delivery. Warranty claims are conditional upon the Architectural products specifications as follows:
2.) All Architectural products that are claimed to be defective must be returned to the Decorative Molding Ideas Inc facility. A return authorization number must be provided by the DMI facility prior to the return of defective goods. All products will be examined for defects shall be examined and approved if the items qualify within our facility. All approved defects shall be either repaired of replaced at the discretion of the Decorative Molding Ideas Inc supervisors.
3.) All products and materials must be properly handled and storage as previously discussed within our specifications. Any storage and handling procedures that fall short of the standard instruction shall void this limited warrantee. No exceptions shall be granted.
4.) The release of warrantee documents from Decorative Molding Ideas Inc. will be made available only after all of the project materials supplied are paid in full. No exceptions shall be granted.
5.) Decorative Molding Ideas Inc reserves the right to inspect all warranty claims under this limited one (1) year warranty. Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall inspect the projects site, installation conditions, products installed and review all conditions surrounding the claim. Upon evaluation Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall provide a truthful decision as to if the claim or any products warrant any deflects causes in part by our products.
6.) Prior to the installation of each profile, the consumer, applicator and or owner must inspect the workmanship of our products. Once the products have been accepted and installed on the project site, the architectural products are to be legally deemed acceptable for use by all parties involved within the project. No defects shall be warranted or monetary losses claimed for the removal of profiles and or deflects that should have been discovered prior to the installation process. Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall not be responsible for any or all monetary cost for replacement of profiles and labor.
7.) The purchaser of the products shall make no credits or deducted allowances automatically. The full amount of all invoices shall be made payable to Decorative Molding Ideas Inc.
8.) All Decorative Molding Ideas Inc products are to be installed as per their intended purpose. No alternation will be acceptable or warranted. The Architect/ Designer shall be responsible to observe the contractors application of the products. The contractor shall install all products and similar materials as per the E.I.F.S. and alternated manufactures procedures. Decorative Molding Ideas Inc is not responsible for installation procedures and any concerns that result in the failure of our products due to improper installation procedures.
9.) Decorative Molding Ideas shall not be liable to any Individual, Firm, Company for incidental or consequential damages. No damages, penalties, including, but not limited to, freight charges and any shipment damage concerns, labor & installation costs, Time line allowances, finishing, lost of profits, project delays, and sales etc.
10.) The contractor shall properly execute a request for warranty together with a completed project information form. Upon review of the information, deemed acceptable, Decorative Molding Ideas Inc shall provide our one (1) year limited warranty on its products, against defects in workmanship or materials. The contractor shall agree an offer a written one (1) year limited labor and workmanship warranty together in part with the Decorative Molding Ideas Inc one (1) year limited product warrantee.